Save your spot in a course – Enrollments for Term 2 Now Open – Courses begin week of October 30
Group Course FAQs
The cost of the course is $ 225
This price inculdes:
- 7 1h10min-lessons with a live native speaking teacher of the language you are learning
- Access to the Ciao Languages learner’s platform, where you can access slide presentations, teacher’s notes and digital exercises
- If you miss a lesson, you’ll be able to keep up by watching the recording of the live session
The course may be paid in the following ways: Zelle, Venmo, Paypal, credit card, or personal check.
Ciao Languages will send you detailed payment instructions when you register for the course. Payment is due before beginning the course.
Ciao Languages language trainers are trained native speaking professionals who have a passion for teaching their language and culture.
Ciao Languages carefully vets teachers for experience, enthusiasm and ability.
The course is made up of between 2 & 4 students and follows a fixed schedule of days and times.
Before the lesson:
Before the lesson students may consult the teacher’s class slides to be better prepared for class discussion. Twenty minutes before each lesson, you will receive a unique Zoom meeting link for you to access the lesson.
Before the lesson:
Each lesson lasts 70 minutes, 60 minutes of lesson and 10 minutes of wrap-up activities.
During the lesson:
- Review of previous lesson
- Teacher modelling of new vocabulary and grammatical structures
- Structured student practice
- Correction & Feedback
- Free conversation amongst students & teacher (in the foreign language!!)
- Wrap-up: teacher posts lesson notes, assigns homework for next lesson
- Students log in to the Learner’s Resource Portal to:
- Consult teacher class notes
- Study class slide presentations
- Do digital exercises
- Students do homework as assigned by the teacher
End of the course:
- Students take our online progress check to check they are ready for the next course.
No problem! We record all of the live sessions and post the recordings on your platform.
That way you will be able to keep up with your class.
Easy! We give you your money back!
Just let us know before the second lesson of the course and we will give you a full no-quibble refund.
Ciao Languages is an online language school founded and managed by Sean Cook, a long-time director of foreign language acquisition programs.
For more information about the school, check out our ABOUT page.
Is this course for you?
We feel that you will like the course a lot, which is why they are backed by a full guarantee if after the first lesson, you feel the course is not for you.
One thing to keep in mind is your language level. Perhaps you have already studied the language a bit and are concerned that a beginning course is not suited to your level. To remove any doubt on that score, please try one of our free language level tests below. Once you have taken the test, a representative from the school will contact you with information about your level and courses available.
Another issue might be time. Do you need to learn the language very quickly because you are going to the country soon? Do you need to study for an exam or do you have a very unpredictable schedule? In these cases, it might be better for you to consider taking individual lessons!